Wednesday, July 9, 2008

3 Reasons Why Have Not Posted in 4 Months

We all start blogs with great intentions. Though many bloggers intend to post frequently, it's pretty easy to fall off the wagon after a while, and go for weeks, even months with out posting. I apologize that I have neglected this blog for so long, but I have 3 decent excuses:

  1. I broke my right wrist. It's my dominant hand, of course, and on March 13, 2008, I thought all the treacherous winter ice had melted. But I was wrong, and just as I was about to start jogging, I slipped onto my outstretched arm. I knew right away that I broke my poor little wrist, and so did the doctor in the emergency department. I returned to work the next day, but I had a plaster cast on my arm for 6 weeks, and writing was pretty challenging. I am now operating with about a 95% useful right wrist (it's still not that easy to ride a bike), so I can resume writing as much as I want.
  2. I have been busy growing things. Just as I stated in my early March post, Spring turned out to be a busy time for me. Despite my broken wrist, I started seedlings in my basement, prepared my garden (with some help), and planted lettuce, Swiss chard, broccoli, carrots, bean, potatoes, watermelon, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and sunflowers. We had a cool late Spring, so some things are growing slowly, but we have already eaten some broccoli and lettuce, and can't wait until the tomatoes ripen and the raspberries burst onto the scene.
  3. I am blogging for greenoptions media and AFreshSqueeze.com. Yep, I have moved into the big leagues, and now people actually pay me to contribute to their blogs. Please read my posts on ecopreneurist, ecolocalizer, and now primarily, planetsave. And log onto AFreshSqueeze.com to receive the e-mail newsletter that periodically features my writing, albeit without attribution.

Now that it's finally summer, and the days are longer, I promise to post more. I probably won't slip on ice and break a bone any time soon

No comments: